So I've ran the update from Ghost 0.11 to the new(?) Ghost 1.0. Apparently I'm just a sucker for hype.
Everything went smoothly until I've noticed that I've lost syntax highlighting. The code blocks all seemed to share the same look - black over creamy-white.
I'm using PrismJS for syntax highlighting.
My default.hbs seemed to be setup correctly:
Also: I have not changed the way I marked my code blocks:
I've looked at the Chrome dev console - there seemed to be no errors and PrismJS was loaded fine.
Looking at the page source I've found out that all of my code blocks had similar tags:
<pre class=" language-language"><code class="-java language-language">
What got me suspicious was the language-language part. Something was prefixing an uneeded language to my already existing language-jave tag.
So - apparently the Ghost team has switched markdown editors when updating to Ghost 1.x. The new editor adds the language- prefix automatically.
So from now on the code blocks should look like this:
And the resulting HTML:
<pre class=" language-java"><code class=" language-java">
Subscribe to Devs be devin'
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox